Well, hello internet… world… um, anyone reading this blog post! My name is Chika Cullen Iguh (you can call me Chika or Chika-Cullen; the latter is more fun), and I am pretty much your average guy, except that I might just be a bit obsessed with nutrition and wellness. Yup, I am what they call a nutrition nerd, “they” referring to my family, friends and colleagues that can’t get enough of my diet lectures. Did you catch that sarcasm?
Why am I starting this blog?
Because through my health struggles and commitment to understanding how the body works, I’ve accumulated a wealth of knowledge on a wide spectrum of topics, such as:
- weight loss
- diet and nutrition science
- gut bacteria
- mental health
I just feel like it’s time for me to start sharing my journey and knowledge with you in hopes that you share this knowledge and YOUR stories with others as well.
I find myself diving into books and scientific articles pretty much all day, everyday; so this blog will serve as my outlet to share my health ideas and knowledge with you, as well as learn FROM you. You’re basically my new friends! Let’s hang.
What will this blog be about/consist of?
I plan for this blog to start off broad, with emphasis on the impact of nutrition on physical health, mental health, disease, and longevity. I will cover:
- important properties and health impacts of specific foods
- my opinions on certain diets
- healthy ways to lose weight
- how to live longer and age slower
- diet as a cure for several illnesses
- motivations for a healthy, vibrant life
- and so much more
I will try to churn out a few articles a week, so follow me; and let’s create a healthy-conscious community!
How we can chat and become a community:
PLEASE leave comments on my blog posts with your ideas/opinions. I like conversations, because I am forever a student! Teach me, teach!
Connect with me on my personal social media! Email me at email@example.com!
More information about me (does this even matter?):
No, seriously, does this matter though? Talking about myself is something I don’t do regularly. Any who, if you follow my blog you will fully understand my past health struggles and how I resolved them with diet.
- B.S. Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas at Austin (2016)
- M.S. Nutrition (Candidate), Columbia University Institute of Human Nutrition (2018 Candidate)
- Will graduate from this program next year!